Winter Seminar 2020: The Life and Theology of Paul (Pauline Epistles)
Dr. Guy P. Waters
This year, we are pleased to welcome Dr. Guy Waters for our Third Annual Winter Seminar, January 16-18 of 2020. Dr. Waters is the James M. Baird, Jr. Professor of New Testament at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, MS. Dr. Waters also serves as the Academic Dean of RTS-Dallas and RTS-Houston. You can learn more about Dr. Waters and his published works via the RTS website here.
In partnership with our friends at the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals, this year’s conference/course will be on the theme “No Other Gospel: The Life and Theology of Paul.”
Come to the Blue Ridge mountains this winter and join Dr. Waters as he identifies key moments in Paul’s life and considers the essence of Paul’s God-centered theology. The conference will take place 6:00-9:00 PM on Thursday (1/16), 6:00-9:00 PM on Friday (1/17) and 9:00-5:00 PM on Saturday (1/18).
This course and conference is exposition of Paul’s epistles in chronological order that emphasizes the application of Paul’s theology to the pastoral needs of the churches of his day and ours.
(1) To understand and critically to evaluate academic research in the Pauline Epistles.
(2) To understand issues of special introduction pertaining to the Pauline Epistles.
(3) To understand the letters of Paul in their first-century context.
(4) To understand the implications of Paul’s writings for the contemporary church, and to understand Paul as a model of applying theology to the life of the church.
(5) To understand with greater clarity and precision key questions and issues in the Pauline Epistles: the person and work of Christ, the nature and condition of man, covenant and law, the application of redemption (justification by faith alone, sanctification, union with Christ, etc.).
Location: Green Ridge Baptist Church (5521 Green Ridge Rd), Roanoke
Course details: Course Syllabus available HERE.
Register for seminar HERE.