Teaching the Word. Equipping the Saints. Serving the Church.Furthering the health of the church by cultivating biblically, historically, theologically-rooted churchmen and women who will take what they have learned in classroom, in internship, and in mentoring, and inculcate those same priorities in the life of their own local congregation. Upcoming SeminarsUpcoming Classes
What Is BRITE? //
41 X 41 Challenge //
About The Institute
A foundational desire for BRITE is that it would further the health of the church by cultivating biblically, historically, theologically-rooted churchmen and women who will take what they have learned in classroom, in internship, and in mentoring, and inculcate those same priorities in the life of their own local congregation—thus further bolstering the health and vitality of the church of the Lord Jesus Christ for generations to come.
– Established in 2017.
– An IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization.
– Located in Roanoke, VA with easy access to the Roanoke Airport and Interstate 81.
Future plans include extension sites in the New River and Shenandoah Valleys.
– Degree Programs: Certificates and various masters degree programs are offered by BRITE, built around a traditional seminary curriculum. BRITE is authorized to operate as a degree-granting religious institution in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Degree programs are set to be validated through professional academic agencies. More information available here.
– Commitments: personal mentorship in study and pastoral training; assisting local church leadership in offering training and study opportunities; accessible and affordable theological education; academic rigor in the study of Holy Scripture and branches of theological studies.
– Purpose: advanced study, training in scholarship, pastoral refreshment, fellowship in theology, and equipping area churches and church members with deeper biblical and theological study in an age of theological poverty and anemia.
– Affiliation: Unaffiliated with a particular church denomination, BRITE partners with academic and ministry organizations in the pursuit of our shared goals, and serves churches especially within the Protestant tradition.
Courses in Biblical Studies, Systematic Theology, Practical Theology, and more are offered in Roanoke, Radford, and Lynchburg! Click below to see our current class offerings.
Whether you’re interested in taking only one class or applying to one of our Degree Programs, the online application is the place to start your journey.